Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

it's fishy, but right on time, it's fishyyyyy!

please sing that to the tune of Run DMC's "It's Tricky".

As promised, mainly to myself, today was fish stick day. I've had these delicious looking babies on the brain ALL DAY. I've always liked fish sticks and paired with french fries was a regular thing in my home growing up. Being from New England, we love our seafood. But you know who's not a fan of these gems? My dearest boyfriend. So, I usually give him fair warning when I plan to make something fishy so he can fend for himself. And the star girlfriend award goes to me!!!

I was so pleased with how these turned out. Considering I can destroy nearly any perfect recipe, I was glad I didn't turn this into another dinner disaster. They were perfect. Just crispy enough, with a moist flaky center. And ::gasp:: they didn't even need ketchup. But, it would have been a nice addition. I paired these with roasted red potatoes and my new love, roasted broccoli. YUM!!




As seen on How Sweet It Is
Healthy Homemade Fish Sticks

makes 12 fish sticks

3 tilapia filets (I’m sure you can use another fish too)

2 egg whites, beaten

1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450.

Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick spray.

Cut the tilapia once down the middle, then in half, creating four “sticks.” Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, beat the 2 egg whites. In a separate bowl, add the panko, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Dip each fish stick in egg whites, than in the panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Lay on the wire rack and spritz with olive oil.

Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve hot...


and devour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment