Sunday, June 26, 2011

a cakey catastrophe.

After falling asleep last night at 9pm (yes, I realize I have the soul of an 80 year old woman) it was impossible to sleep past 7:30am. Not to mention, my stomach was growling like food had never entered my belly. I begged and pleaded with Logan to make pancakes but he wasn't budging. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. He tried to coach me along but it was still a disaster. I think I'm going to keep making horrible cooking mistakes so he will just cook. He's so much better at it. Not only did I somehow screw up the pancake mixture, but I forgot to grease the griddle! In a complete panic, I tried to quickly scrap the batter off the grill to salvage it. Not the best idea I've ever had. I greased the griddle and desperately tried to save breakfast. I did make something, but I'm not sure you'd call these beauties pancakes.

They were dense, cakey, and gooey, but they did the trick. So no real complaints, I guess. I finally got my act together and went to the gym to practice my Body Attack release. It's amazing how much you can really get into it, even when you're alone. My extra loud coaching (aka screaming) during the Plyometric track even got the attention of passer-byers who I caught staring at me through the windows. Slightly embarrassing.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, until sheer terror consumed me. I realized I lost my favorite water bottle. Stupid, I know. But it's hard to find a water bottle large enough to carry your daily recommended 8 cups and I'm just too lazy busy to refill. Suddenly I recalled after leaving my parents house hearing a thud when I was driving down the road. I thought I just hit something, and I probably did. My WATER BOTTLE. It occurred to me I probably drove off with it on the roof but my curiosity that will likely kill me one day, made it impossible to not go look for it. And there it was, on the side of the road. I looked like hell for the cap but nothing. The only reason why I brought it home was because I was amazed it didn't bust after flying off the roof at at least 50mph.

*Note the tire marks* RIP water bottle. :(

In other news, Logan has decided to cook dinner, which means two things. Not only will we actually have something delicious to eat, but our closet apartment will make it another day without catching on fire.

PS: Please don't judge me for my horrible photography. I'm having technical difficulties with my camera, so my phone will just have to do for now. I'm working on it though, I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment