Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

balance.

As much as I enjoyed the SMALL changes I saw following Rachel Mac's diet, it wasn't for me. It was incredibly restrictive and the way I see it, if I'm going to be eating so meticulously, I want amazing results. This did not happen.
To keep things interesting, and to continue to challenge myself, I usually change my diet/exercise regiment monthly. This is also my feeble attempt at breaking this plateau. I do think it's also important to find balance not only your eating (I'll explain in a sec), but also in your progress. It's entirely too easy for me to focus on the future. I want to be *THIS* weight, or look *THIS* way, which is great and all but I rarely reflect on where I've been. I am thrilled with the success I've had thus far. I'm a completely changed person. Eating healthy and exercising is me now. This truly is my life. It's the happiest I have ever been and I have met some of the best friends I could ever have asked for along the journey. I am most thankful for them, since they understand my gym/healthy eating addiction that most people that don't live this way don't get. They don't understand how gross you feel eating something that's unhealthy or a "cheat" because their bodies haven't had the pleasure of only eating clean food. And they don't understand how a bad workout/missing a workout just screws everything up. So periodically, I am making an honest attempt to praise myself, and my body for my hard work. I've come A LONG WAY!

With that being said, a new month is approaching so it's time for some changes!! I have had great success with calorie counting app (as discussed in my about me) and haven't used it in quite some time. Following this eating plan and doing that, I've really lost touch with what I'm feeling/the amount I'm consuming. My goal for this month is to be VERY intuitive to my body! I will continue to eat clean of course, and am considering a quasitarian approach. I am also starting clinicals which will keep me on my feet 40hrs a week + gym time. In addition to that, I am going to keep eating gluten free because it makes me feel good. I'd also like to incorporate more veggies and keep my calories between 1600-1800.
But it's a BALANCE. It makes me feel better when NOTHING is off limits. In most cases, I have no problem not eating "bad" things because I know I will feel miserable... it's the no-you-cant-have-this that makes me want it. I've always believed in the 80/20 rule and I intend to follow that.

Here goes nothing!!!!!!!!!!! :)))) TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment